NOMAD DST files
- Download Simulated Nu Mu CC events (bz2 archive)
- Download Data events (bz2 archive)
- DST files on astronu.jinr.ru
Data Files are placed in the astronu.jinr.ru:/nomad1/dst/data/ directory and linked in the astronu.jinr.ru:/data/nomad/dst/data/ directory with the following notations:
MC Files are placed in the astronu.jinr.ru:/nomad2/dst/mc/ directory and linked in the astronu.jinr.ru:/data/nomad/dst/mc/ directory.
- Mounting a remote ssh filesystem using sshfs
It is one of opportunities to get access to remote filesystem on a network.
1. Install sshfs by doing (you have to be root-user): # apt-get install sshfs This will also install fuse-utils and libfuse2, which are required. 2. Next step is to mount the fuse module # modprobe fuse also you can add this module (fuse) to file /etc/modules 3. Add user to group fuse (you have to be root-user): # adduser username fuse 4. You will have to log out and log in again, to add yourself to the group fuse. 5. Then create a local directory where you want the files mounted. You should create the directory and be the owner of the directory (usual user): # mkdir /home/user/dir-name 6. Mount a remote filesystem by doing (for DST data on the astronu): # sshfs astronu.jinr.ru:/nomad1/dst/data /home/user/dir-name 7. Enjoy your work! 8. To unmount this directory use command: # fusermount -u /home/user/dir-name
It seems sshfs is useful. Unfortunately anyone has to mount remote folder itself. For example I mounted nui148.jinr.ru:/nomad1/dst to astronu.jinr.ru:/nomad1/dst. And I can use it. But nobody can do it too, even root-user.