Difference between revisions of "Matplotlib"
(Created page with "Here I will post some tricks helping to plot ROOT objects with matplotlib Python module. == Requirements == # Python # ROOT compiled with Python support # matplotlib and scip...")
Latest revision as of 17:09, 14 January 2014
Here I will post some tricks helping to plot ROOT objects with matplotlib Python module.
- ROOT compiled with Python support
- matplotlib and scipy Python modules
Python module r2mpl.py defines 'draw' method for TH1, TH2, TF1, TGraph, TGraphErrors, TGraphAsymmErrors for plotting with matplotlib:
- TH1.draw draws line and bars and is used as plot. Additional options can be passed via 'baropts=dict()' to bar
- TH1.drawLine draws lines only and is used as plot
- TH1.drawBar draws bars and is used as bar
- TGraph.draw is used as plot
- TGraphErrors.draw/TGraphAsymmErrors.draw are used as errorbar
- TH2.draw is used as pcolorfast
- TH2.drawMesh is used as pcolormesh
- TF1.draw(x) is used as plot. 'x' is an array of points along X axis to plot, number of points to plot (if 'x' is an integer), step of plotting (if 'x' is float)
TH2.draw and TH2.drawMesh accept additional option colz=True to plot colorbar, and mask=0.0 (or another number) to make zero bins white as in ROOT.